EVEN A FAKE ROLEX CAN GIVE YOU TIME

The chances were even:
- It could have been stolen
- It could have been fake
Only one truth resides from this trade. The time was correct! It was noon, that's what the sun was telling me, on this sunday over Beirut.
I went in looking for DVDs but went out with a Rolex in my hand and a witty smile on my face. I was knighted at noon!
It was there, looking at me. Maybe because no one was looking at it. Maybe because no one knows what this brand stands for.
"Look at it sir! It glows in the dark!" said the "salesman", pointing out the only feature he can make out of the product!
I smile and tell him politely that the glow could disturb my slumber. "I am a very sensitive guy with desperate needs for peaceful sleeps. You have to do better than this to convince me!"
I replied trying to keep my laughing eyes behind the shades. The laughter should not appear, it will point out the obvious.
- It is yours for only 3$ sir!
A Rolex for 3$!
- That is too much for a watch! I only carry 2 on me and I need 1 for my ride back home! Look carefully at the watch! Is it time for a sale or shall i come back later?
I don't know what got into me, but the number 3 seemed even more fake than the watch itself...
Luckily, he was dumb enough to think he was doing the smart thing and agreed, but told me to keep this trade as a secret. And so I did... or did I?

A Rolex for a buck!
That's a fake satisfaction i can live with!

Don't be afraid to be fake from time to time, because sometimes what might look like the "fakest" may be in fact the realest image of what is your observer conceiving.

Wear a fake brand from time to time.
Fake smiles create rather than demolish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

you think?