PICELESS FREEDOM

I once talked to a slave and made him look like he is a genie. No one appreciates this comparison. I even felt bad for doing so, but I had to, to get that slave back. I should have just given him his freedom… A genie, all-powerful as he may seem, is just a slave in a bottle and you can never be friends as long as he sees a master in you.
I will set my slave free, but not today. I still have one wish to ask and then I will set him free. I think I will…

- I wish you’d be my friend!
- Your wish is my command, said my enslaved genie, and that made me smile…
- This is all I wanted from you. Now go… you are free!

The Genie disappeared and shaped himself back as a friend and came close, looked at me and smiled back. A smile so fake, it couldn’t have hit me more! Is he my friend now because I wished for it? Was that a pity smile I received? Am I doomed to an eternal friendship, which will never change, vary or vanish?
So I ignored my new friend.
He called I did not answer
He tried to reach out for me but I pushed him away
Last I heard, a genie friend killed himself. The news said it was the lack of attention…
What have I done? Was it bad to wish for a friend? Was it bad to free slaved mind?
I think I should have freed the genie and then wished for his friendship… but then he would have neglected my proposition. I mean it is possible! He has his own mind now.

I wanted a slaved genie as a friend… I should have freed him first… now I lost both.

No comments:

Post a Comment

you think?